A fun interactive game unit that teaches spelling, counting and phonics with sounds, tunes and 26 light-up flashing keys.
Choose between eight different activities. There is one that teaches them to count, five that quiz them on sounds, words and letters, and two that show them tunes and colours.
Ideal for learning through play, the Phonics Desk will encourage your little ones in their first steps towards being able to read. As they progress through each game or activity, they can have lots of fun with sounds and words – learning the letters of the alphabet, how various sounds are used in words and how to spell, as well as colours and numbers. The alphabet desk uses the same teaching method that’s used in schools, called phonics, making it just right to prepare your little ones for the future.
The Phonics Alphabet Desk allows your children to learn at their own pace. They’ll get a wonderful sense of achievement every time they get an answer right.
Eight games to discover:
Game 1: Letter names and sounds - Press a letter key to hear its name and sound (phonics).
Game 2: Find the letter - Try to find the spoken letter within three attempts.
Game 3: Find the mystery letter - Try to find the mystery letter within five attempts.
Game 4: Find the first letter - The unit will ask you to find the first letter of a spoken word.
Game 5: Learn to spell - The unit will ask you to spell different words.
Game 6: Learn to count - The unit will ask you to press a specific number of keys.
Game 7: Learn about colours - The unit will ask you to find a specific colour.
Game 8: Music time - Press a key and hear a tune. The keys will flash while the music is being played.
Start and end: Pick a word on the desk, then ask your child what sound it starts with and ends with.
Spot the word: Pick a letter together and spot something in the room that starts with that letter.
Sounds: Pick a word that is linked with a sound, such as owl car or bell. Ask your child to make the sound associated with that word.
Suitable from 3 years.
- Manufacturer Number:
- Our Product Number:
- Safety Information:
How much does UK delivery cost?
FREE - when you spend £39.99, or £3.99 for orders under £39.99.
- Delivery in up to 10 working days
- Free delivery over £39.99 applies for UK mainland only
- We can’t deliver during a specific time slot, but if you are likely to be out we are happy to deliver to a work, family or friends address.
- Order by 6pm for 2 working day delivery. The Entertainer is closed on Sunday so orders placed before 2pm on Saturday for express delivery will be with you on Monday. Orders placed after 2pm Saturday and on Sunday will be delivered to you on Wednesday.
- Orders placed after 6pm will be delivered in 3 working days.
- UK mainland only.
Zero Contact Click & Collect
- For more information on our Zero Contact Click & Collect service click here
Collect from ASDA stores using toYou
- Order before 3pm and your order will be ready to collect in 2 working days, at more than 600 toyou pick up points at Asda store nationwide.
- Orders placed after 3pm or to stores in Northern Ireland will take 3 working days.
- If your basket is eligible for Asda toyou collection we’ll show you the option in the checkout whether you pick home delivery or click and collect.
- You can find your nearest collection point here: Asda toyou
- You will be notified by email once your order arrives.
- To collect your order you’ll need to bring your sales order number and ID that matches the name on the order. You can use the QR code in your “Ready to Collect” email to make the process quicker but this is not essential.
Collect myHermes ParcelShops
- Order by 7pm and your order will be ready to collect in 5 working days, at 1000s of myHermes ParcelShop locations.
- They're based in convenient locations including supermarkets, newsagents and train stations. Plus they're often open late and on Sundays.
- You can find your nearest collection points here: myHermes
- You will be notified by email once your order arrives. To collect please take along the confirmation email or SMS and either the payment card or photo ID.