How does The Big Toy Appeal work?
- Add one or more £5 donations to your basket.
- When you're finished shopping, continue to your basket and checkout using home delivery and use any of our payment options.
- Once payment is complete you will receive a confirmation email.
- The Entertainer will match your donation to The Salvation Army, doubling the number of families in need that we are able to help together this Christmas.
Give the gift of play with an extra toy today.
Between 7th - 28th November with your help, The Entertainer hopes to help as many families in our communities as possible. For every £5 donated by our customers to The Big Toy Appeal for The Salvation Army The Entertainer will match the donation to give an extra toy to help families in need this Christmas.
The Big Toy Appeal in action...
Last year, thanks to the generosity of our customers and staff we were able to donate over 16,500 toys and books to The Salvation Army through The Big Toy Appeal.
Your generosity helped thousands of families across the country and put thousands of smiles on children’s faces on Christmas morning.
"There is that pressure to make Christmas special by spending money. The kids go to school and want the same as their friends and what they see on the telly. Every toy that’s in the shop window - ‘I like that one as well’ - suddenly there’s this giant list. Their expectations of Christmas are always so different to my expectations – they’re children after all. I just always think about what we need to just get through Christmas. My boys think anything is possible - Father Christmas can always help.
I am so grateful that The Salvation Army has always remembered us. The hamper arrives mid-December, but I don’t let them open their presents until Christmas Day. I hide them away, wrap them up and put some in their stockings and under the tree. I know that if I haven’t got a lot or am struggling, they will help me make sure the children get something for Christmas. It’s so reassuring."
"What’s extra special about the toy appeal is the thought that goes into the hampers. It’s not just chucked together. They check how old the children are. My daughter got a doll and my son got a remote control helicopter. On top of a main present each, they also got stocking fillers like colouring books and pens. We also got Christmas crackers – my daughter loved them! It was so well thought of. It’s that extra care that makes the appeal so amazing."
"In the world we live in, it’s so comforting to know that people do care and the toy appeal is an example of that. And it’s the perfect time of year - Christmas is all about giving."
- This toy is big! A surcharge will be added due to the size.
- Manufacturer Number:
- Our Product Number:
How much does UK delivery cost?
FREE - when you spend £29.99, or £2.99 for orders under £29.99.
- Delivery in 2 to 4 working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays)
- Free delivery when you spend £29.99 applies for UK mainland only
- We can’t deliver during a specific time slot, but if you are likely to be out we are happy to deliver to a work, family or friends address.
£2.99 when you spend £29.99, or £5.99 for orders under £29.99
- Order by 6pm for next working day delivery (excluding weekends and bank holidays). The Entertainer is closed on Sunday so orders placed before 2pm on Saturday for express delivery will be with you on Monday. Orders placed after 2pm Saturday and on Sunday will be delivered to you on Tuesday.
- Orders placed after 6pm will be delivered in 2 working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
- UK mainland only.
Click & Collect
- Collect from your local store in as little as 30 minutes.
- Monday to Saturday during opening times.
- If your order is not in stock in store, it will be delivered to store and it will be ready to collect in 3 working days
- We’ll let you know at the checkout how quickly you can collect.
Collect from ASDA stores using toYou
- Order before 3pm and your order will be ready to collect in 2-4 working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays), at more than 600 toyou pick up points at Asda store nationwide.
- Orders placed after 3pm or to stores in Northern Ireland will take 3 working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
- If your basket is eligible for Asda toyou collection we’ll show you the option in the checkout whether you pick home delivery or click and collect.
- You can find your nearest collection point here: Asda toyou
- You will be notified by email once your order arrives.
- To collect your order you’ll need to bring your sales order number and ID that matches the name on the order. You can use the QR code in your “Ready to Collect” email to make the process quicker but this is not essential.
Collect myHermes ParcelShops
- Order by 7pm and your order will be ready to collect in 2-4 working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays), at 1000s of myHermes ParcelShop locations.
- They're based in convenient locations including supermarkets, newsagents and train stations. Plus they're often open late and on Sundays.
- You can find your nearest collection points here: myHermes
- You will be notified by email once your order arrives. To collect please take along the confirmation email or SMS and either the payment card or photo ID.