terms and conditions
We want you to find using and buying from this site easy and satisfactory.
We need to let you know the terms and conditions you are accepting, simply by using or purchasing from this website.
When you order any product from this site, or simply access the website, please be aware that you are agreeing to all the terms and conditions we've described below. Please read them, so you're fully informed.
terms and conditions of sale
1. Terms and Conditions: These are the terms and conditions of our agreement which apply to all purchases of products by you from elc.co.uk and you should read them carefully. We may vary these terms from time to time and therefore you should check them before you make a new purchase.
2. Order: You can submit an order for products to elc.co.uk by completing the details required on the order summary page and clicking the send order button. All prices are reflected in £UK Sterling and include VAT where applicable, providing delivery is to a location in the UK. Orders outside of the United Kingdom may be subject to an additional charge. Goods supplied are not for resale. We are under no obligation to accept your order, but would normally do so where the product is available, the order reflects current pricing and your credit card/ debit card payment is approved by your credit card/ debit card company.
2a. The display of any product on our website is in no way an offer by us to sell to you. It is your response that is the offer. Accordingly, we are not liable to sell you any product that might be quoted at a price lower than that meant by us.
3. Acceptance of order: We will notify you of our acceptance of your offer to purchase by email shortly after we receive it and at that point a binding agreement between us will be in place on these terms and conditions*. If we do not accept your order for any reason or the price of the product has increased between the time of the order and our acceptance of it (or if a supplementary delivery charge applies), we will email you to advise you of the change. You will then need to resubmit your order. Only credit and debit cards are acceptable as payment for orders via this site. Gift vouchers are not accepted.
*but subject to our right to withdraw such acceptance where your offer relates to goods that have been priced below that which we intended.
4. Delivery: We make every effort to deliver all products within the United Kingdom within four working days of acceptance of your order. Where this is not possible, we will notify you and, unless we state otherwise, ensure that your products are delivered within 28 days from acceptance. This may not apply in respect of deliveries outside of the UK. All deliveries will be made to you at the address specified by you in the order. We may, at our discretion and expense, deliver parts of your order separately. All deliveries must be signed for and you will be responsible for the products as soon as they are delivered and found to be in conformity to the contract. Ownership of the products shall pass to you once we have received payment in full. If we cannot deliver the products to you at the address you have specified for any reason (other than when we are at fault), we will notify you and store the products at your risk. If you wish us to redeliver the products to you, you will need to authorise us to charge your credit card/ debit card for such re-delivery. If we do not hear from you within 28 days, we will cancel the order and refund your payment to you less any reasonable delivery charges we have incurred.
5. Payment: For standard delivery we will charge your account for payment at the time that the order is dispatched for delivery to you. Items which are shipped directly from the manufacturer will be charged at the time of placing the order. We take every reasonable care to ensure that your order and subsequent transactions are conducted via a secure link. As we are not responsible for the operation of the secure link we will not, unless we are negligent, be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any information you provide via such link. If products are not available for any reason after we have accepted your order, we will let you know. We will not charge you for these products and will refund any amounts already paid (if any) by way of a credit to your credit card/ debit card account.
6. Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013: This legislation gives you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone: You have the right to cancel any order that you make with us online or over the phone within 14 days without any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire or, if the order is a gift to be delivered to a third party, the day on which the third party specified by you in the order acquires, physical possession of the goods that you have ordered (the ‘Cancellation Deadline’). To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your order by sending a clear statement either by e-mail to our Customer Care Team at email@example.com; or in writing to Customer Care Centre, Mothercare UK Limited, Cherry Tree Road, Watford, WD24 6SH; or by completing the Contact Us form which can be found under the 'contact us' link on all pages of our website. To meet the Cancellation Deadline, you must send us your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the Cancellation Deadline has expired. If you cancel an order, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you in respect of that order including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied; or
- (if earlier), 14 days after the day you provide evidence to us that you have returned the goods; or
- If there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel the order.
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them until they are returned;
- You must send the goods back to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you notify us of the cancellation of your order. You are responsible for the costs of returning the goods.
We may make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss of value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (i.e. in excess of what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods).
7. Warranties: The products which are sold via this web site have been designed to comply with the statutory legal requirements and relevant safety standards of the United Kingdom. We can therefore make no representation or warranty that any product is compliant with health, safety or other legal requirements which apply outside the United Kingdom, unless delivery is within the EEA and common EEA Consumer Protection and Safety rules apply. Please see our Returns Policy for more information.
We will replace products (or, where relevant, the faulty part) free of charge or, refund to you the price of the products by way of credit to your credit card or debit card account. This only applies if the instructions governing the use of the products have been followed. We will not have any further liability in respect of the products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
terms and conditions of use
It is important that you carefully read these terms and conditions of use before you register with elc.co.uk because your use of our web site is subject to them.
1. Terms and Conditions: Thank you for using elc.co.uk, which is a trading name of Early Learning Centre Limited. We provide services to you through our web site and those services are provided to you on the basis of these terms and conditions. Please note that they may vary from time to time without notice to you. Current terms will be made available as soon as possible on the website.
When you use our web site or any of our services you may be advised that special guidelines or rules apply. Unless otherwise stated, these guidelines or rules form part of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions apply to all users (including casual browsers) whether or not the registration process has been completed.
2. Description of Services: You are able to benefit by using our web site from a large number of online services and resources which include information, planners and directories, online retailing, and any other services which we may add from time to time. We also may remove certain services from our web site. Certain services may have their own, additional special terms and conditions. These will be made clear to you before you use those services.
We may discontinue providing certain or all of the services on all or part of the web site at our discretion and without notice to you. We will, however, endeavour to let you know of this via our site.
3. Registration: Certain services are only available if you complete the registration process. By completing the registration process, you are stating that you are at least eighteen years of age or a minor with parental consent or that of a guardian to use our web site.
Please note: All minors are recommended to discuss these terms and conditions with their parents or guardians before completing the registration process.
In return for you using our web site and benefiting from our services, you agree to: provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself where required in the registration form, and to ensure that this information is kept accurate, complete and up to date.
Once you have completed the registration process, you will have specified a username (email address) and a password. You must ensure that you keep your username and password in a safe and secure place and that you do not disclose them to anyone because you will be fully responsible for all activities which occur under your username and password. It is your responsibility to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your username and password or any other breach of security as soon as you become aware of it.
4. Code of Conduct: You are responsible for anything which you transmit or receive to, from or via or post on our web site.
We do not control or screen the content of what is posted to, from or via our web site by our members or third parties, and accordingly we do not guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality or that it will not be objectionable to you. You should not place any reliance on, nor will we be responsible or liable for anything which has been transmitted or received, or ought to have been transmitted or received but was not.
You are not permitted to use our web site or any of our services for any reason or purpose which is unlawful, defamatory, harmful or objectionable and, in particular, you are not permitted to transmit anything which, in our opinion, harms our business or offends other users.
You are not permitted to transmit to, from or via or post on our web site anything which you do not have a clear right to use. You must ensure that you do not transmit or post on our web site any material containing software viruses or files designed to damage or disrupt the good working order of any computer or telecommunications equipment.
You are not permitted to do anything which may disrupt in any way the operation of our web site and services, nor are you permitted to do anything which would disrupt the use and enjoyment of our web site and our services by any other user.
Other than as expressly permitted, by us in writing, you are not permitted to use our web site to engage in any commercial activity of any form.
We may be entitled at our discretion to refuse or remove anything which is transmitted to, from or via or posted on our web site which, in our opinion, is objectionable or otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions. We will not be liable at all for doing this.
We may record preserve and disclose anything which has been transmitted to, from or via or posted on our web site and the services, where required by law or where we are acting in good faith.
5. Proprietary Rights and Licences: All text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, page layouts, design and other material that is contained on our web site or is part of our services, is protected by our and their copyrights, trade marks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws.
We own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights (including all copyrights, patents, trade marks and trade secrets) in connection with and in all versions of the web site and our services, the software we use to operate the web site and services and any data (including data obtained from you during the registration process) generated by users of the web site and services. You are not permitted, except where expressly authorised to do so, to change, copy, store, publish, rent, licence, sell or distribute in any way any of these intellectual property rights.
When you transmit or post any material to or on our web site, you grant to us non-exclusive, world wide, perpetual, royalty free licence under your copyright and other intellectual property rights to use or display or distribute that material in any way without any duty at all to account to you.
6. Advertisements and Promotions: We may use our web site or any of the services we provide or in any of the correspondence we send to you to run advertisements promoting products and services we offer or any of its subsidiaries, or any person or corporation duly authorised by us to advertise or promote their product or services through us.
7. External Links: We may provide or third parties may provide links or other web sites or resources. These are provided purely as a matter of convenience and we do not endorse the contents of those web sites. We are not responsible for the availability of these web sites, nor will we be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those web sites. If you decide to access linked third party web sites you do so at your own risk.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties: You agree that:
8.1:your use of the web site and our services is at your sole risk. The web site and services are provided on an as is and as available basis. We expressly disclaim all conditions of any kind, including but not limited to conditions of title, fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights;
8.2: to the extent that it is lawfully possible to do so, we make no warranty that (a) the web site and our services and/ or any information will meet your requirements, (b) your access to and use of the services will be error-free, (c) any errors or inaccuracies will be corrected. Further, if your use of the web site results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, this will not be at our risk and expense;
8.3: no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you through or from the web site or from our services will create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions about the above, please contact us on 0371 231 3513 or by writing to us at Customer Care, Early Learning Centre Limited, Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Herts United Kingdom, WD24 6SH.
9. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands (including any legal fees incurred in connection therewith) resulting from your misuse of our web site or your breach of these terms and conditions. We will notify you promptly of any such claim, action or demand and will assist you as may be reasonably necessary providing you meet our costs and expenses (including our legal fees).
10. Limitation of Liability: To the extent that we are lawfully able to do so, we will not be liable for any claims, losses and/ or damages of any nature resulting from: (a) your use or inability to use the web site; (b) the services we provide (except where we expressly state that we have responsibilities or liabilities in these terms and conditions) or other terms and conditions that relate to our other goods and/ or services we provide; (c) unauthorised access to or alterations of your transmissions or data; (d) statements or conduct of any third parties.
You agree that in no event will our liability arising out of or in respect of these terms and conditions exceed £UK 1,000 and that in no event will we be liable for any loss of profits, goodwill, loss of business, loss of data or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, whether or not arising from any negligence on our part.
11. Use and Storage: We may establish general practices and limits concerning the use of the web site and the services we provide, including limits to the size or number of e-mail messages you send or the time that messages may be stored or posted on our web site. We are entitled to delete any material at any time and we will not be liable in any way for deleting or failing to store or post any material which you may transmit to us.
12. Suspension and Termination: We may in our sole discretion suspend and/ or terminate registration or use of our web site or our services at any time and we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damages suffered on account of such suspension and or termination. Typically, we would only do this where you have not used our services for some time or if we believe that you have acted inconsistently with those terms and conditions. However, there may be other reasons why we would suspend and/ or terminate.
13. Trade Mark Information: Early Learning Centre, Early Learning and the Triangle-device are registered trademarks belonging to Early Learning Centre Ltd. You agree not to display or use either or both in any manner.
14. General: These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between us in respect of the use of our services and of our web site and supersede any and all prior agreements, arrangements and representations (save in respect of those made fraudulently).
Data and certain other information you provide is subject to the term of our Privacy Statement, which can be accessed by clicking on the privacy statement section of our site under Help.
If any of these terms and conditions are found to be invalid then that provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain fully enforceable. No waiver by us of any term shall be deemed to be continuing or shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other term.
You are not permitted to reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purpose any part of the web site or our services.
These terms and conditions will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
For up-to-date information on our services and all support facilities or if you are dissatisfied with our web site, our services or have any questions concerning these terms and conditions, please contact us on 0371 231 3513 or at Customer Care, Early Learning Centre Limited, Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Herts, United Kingdom, WD24 6SH.
Company registration details
Early Learning Centre Limited (a private limited company)
Registered in England number 102194
Registered Office: Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 6SH
early learning centre gift cards
Any promotional discounts we offer from time to time are not eligible on gift vouchers.
We regret that you cannot currently redeem gift vouchers online on elc.co.uk, however they can be redeemed in Early Learning Centre & Mothercare stores and gift cards starting with the prefix 633113 are redeemable on mothercare.com.
voucher code terms & conditions
Use of all voucher codes, promotional codes, discount codes (x% discount, £x discount, free delivery etc) entered at checkout on elc.co.uk are subject to the following terms & conditions:
- Vouchers are not to be exchanged for cash or used to purchase gift vouchers.
- Vouchers are only valid in store if explicitly mentioned on the voucher itself - otherwise you can order by phone on 0371 231 3513 or at www.elc.co.uk
- Vouchers are not valid in J Sainsbury's, Boots the Chemist or Debenhams.
- Voucher codes are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, including ELC sale items and Childcare discount cards or Nursery discounts - including, but not limited to, StarBuys, Was/Now, Special Offers.
- Voucher codes cannot be used on TP, Plum, Little Tikes and Saber branded products, or "ELC Special Buys".
- Early Learning Centre can cancel or withdraw voucher codes at any time.
- We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the scheme at any time.
You can view the latest terms and conditions on www.elc.co.uk, or you can get the latest copy by writing to Customer Services, Early Learning Centre (ELC), Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 6SH.
- Offers are not to be used by ELC employees or their agents.
- All offers are subject to stock availability.
- The promoter is Early Learning Centre (ELC), Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 6SH
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any money-off voucher, discount voucher or card, or staff discount card. All products are subject to availability. ELC and Mothercare reserve the right to withdraw promotional offers at any time.
- Exclusions: Purchase of gift cards
SAVE10 - £10 OFF £50 SPEND
- This code is valid until Wednesday 7th February (inclusive), subject to availability
- This code is only available to use on online at www.elc.co.uk and through our Web Enabled Sales service in stores.
- Excludes all Smoby, Step 2, Little Tikes and Plum products.
- This discount code may only be used once per order
- The discount will be applied automatically at checkout provided the code has been typed into the promotional box. Once an order has been completed, the discount may not be applied retrospectively
- Any returns must be made in accordance with Mothercare’s returns policy (available here – http://www.mothercare.com/advice-buying-guides-and-services/services/returns-and-exchanges/services-ms-returns.html).
- Any refund or exchange will take into account any discount applied under the code
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, including without limitation, staff discount and childcare/nursery discounts or any other discount code, voucher or other promotion
- All products are subject to availability. Mothercare reserves the right to withdraw any products items and/or change these terms and conditions at any time
- Postage, packing and delivery charges are additional and not subject to discount. Our general Terms and Conditions of delivery apply. Our Terms and Conditions of delivery and details of such charges are available at www.mothercare.com
- This discount code has no cash value
- This offer is non-transferable, and should not be sold or shared on auction sites for profit or otherwise
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
- Promoter: Mothercare UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 533087 and registered office at Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, UK WD24 6SH.
big birthday club
- It may take up to 8 weeks for your membership to be activated.
- This voucher entitles the holder to 20% off toys at Early Learning Centre. It may be redeemed at UK Early Learning Centre stores (including Early Learning Centre shop-in-shops at our larger Mothercare stores). It may also be redeemed: (a) by visiting our website at elc.co.uk or (b) by calling ELC Direct on 0371 231 3513** and using the unique code printed on the voucher.
- This voucher and the unique discount code printed on it are valid for three months from date of issue for one transaction only.
- Original vouchers must be presented at time of purchase in store.
- This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with staff discount, childcare/nursery discounts or any other discount voucher or code.
- This voucher cannot be exchanged for cash, and may not be used to purchase gift vouchers/cards or to purchase the following toy brands: TP, Little Tikes, Saber, Plum.
- This voucher cannot be used in any concessions (including without limitation Clarks) or at photography studios located in Mothercare or ELC stores.
- Defaced, scanned or photocopied vouchers are void and will not be accepted.
- Neither this voucher nor the code printed on it may be sold (including without limitation on any auction site) whether for profit or otherwise, or reproduced on any website. Such activity will render this voucher void.
- This voucher is personal to the holder and is not transferable. It must not be distributed to the wider public. Such activity will render this voucher void.
- Postage and packaging charges are additional and not subject to the discount. Please call ELC Direct on 0371 231 3513** or refer to our website at elc.co.uk for full details of postage and packaging charges.
- All products are subject to availability. Early Learning Centre reserves the right to withdraw any products, promotional offers or this voucher at any time.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter is Early Learning Centre (ELC), Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 6SH.
Please note that where any submission is made jointly by two or more individuals, the duties and liabilities referred to below apply jointly and severally to each of such individuals
By submitting any content to ELC or successor, you represent and warrant that:
- you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- all "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- all content that you post is accurate;
- you are at least 18 years old;
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- that is known or ought reasonably to be known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes any information in whatever form that references directly or indirectly other websites, addresses, email or SMS addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
- that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold ELC or successor (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers,), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (direct and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable legal fees, arising directly or indirectly out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant ELC a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
By submitting your email or SMS address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that ELC or its successor and its third party service providers may use your address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
Mothercare takes our customer feedback very seriously, so we can continually improve our products for other parents and children.
- All reviews, both good and bad, are read by the relevant buyers or product technologists and where appropriate they will work to improve the product based on customer feedback
- We post all reviews just as the customer has written them, as long as they only refer to the product and do not contain offensive language. We reserve the right not to post reviews which could offend or mislead, for example reviews containing any of the following types of content:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
- Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical or geographical addresses or other forms of contact information
- Unfair or improper critical, or spiteful, comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
- Where a product has changed, we will edit or remove comments which no longer apply (both good and bad) so that other customers are not accidentally mislead
If you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact us directly.
Thank you for writing a review.
hassle-free returns policy
We are happy to refund or exchange any product*† returned within 30 days of purchase (excluding delivery charges), as long as it is returned in its original state, unused and in original packaging. Proof of purchase is required. Please note any purchases made in our outlet store are subject to a specific returns policy; see outlet returns policy below.
†Exclusions - toiletries, and personal products such as breast pads and nappies, briefs and products that have been personalised, software, DVD's, food (including formula milk), TENS machines, gift vouchers, gift cards and opened mattresses, If any products are returned that were part of a multi-buy promotion then all items must be returned. *This does not affect your rights if the product is faulty or misdescribed.
Most items can be returned to any Mothercare store or may be sent direct to us at:
All returned goods must be accompanied by a note with your details and order number, you can print a returns slip here.
If you need advice before you return an item please ring us on 0344 875 5222. Please note any postage incurred by returning the item(s) to us will not be refunded.
Should you require an unwanted item to be collected this can be arranged by calling 0344 875 5222.
Mothercare and ELC are happy to refund/exchange any unused merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase upon production of your receipt ( excludes delivery charges)*, as long as they are returned in an unused condition and in their original packaging.
This does not affect your rights if the product is faulty or misdescribed.
*Exclusions - toiletries, software, DVDs, food (including formula milk), Tens machines, Gift Vouchers, Gift Cards and opened mattresses. Pushchairs see terms and conditions issued at time of sale.
If any items are returned that were part of a multi buy promotion all items must be returned.
You may cancel your order if it has not been despatched or within 14 working days of receipt of the goods. If you wish to cancel your order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Services team at 0371 231 3513 or write to us at Customer Services, Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 6SH. We will refund the cost of your order including delivery charge if the order has not been despatched or you have informed us of the cancellation within 14 working days of the receipt of goods. You must pay for the return postage.
1. This prize draw is open to UK residents only excluding employees of Mothercare and Early Learning Centre, their families and agents.
2. Entrants must be a new or existing follower of Early Learning Centre UK on Twitter. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry.
3. Early Learning Centre UK Limited reserves the right to publish prize winner name and home county in future Early Learning Centre publicity.
4. All valid entries must be tweeted to @ELCUK using #ELCChallenges and must include a picture of your child’s Easter creation by Midnight on Friday 21st April 2017. One winner will be drawn at random to win a mini artist set. The prize will be dispatched within 28 days of the winners being notified.
5. Early Learning Centre reserves the right to amend or, in circumstances beyond reasonable control, withdraw the prize draw without notice.
6. No cash or other prize alternatives will be offered and prizes cannot be modified.
7. The winners will be notified on ELC Twitter within 3 days of the closing date. The winners must claim their prize within 7 days of the date that Early Learning Centre sends notification. If the winner does not respond within 7 days, their prize will be forfeited.
8. The result of the draw is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
9. Up to 8 weeks from the closing date, the name of the winner will be available on request if a S.A.E is sent to: Early Learning Centre UK Limited, Cherry Tree Road, Watford, WD24 6SH marked ELC Twitter Competition Winner, Mothercare Direct Dept.
10. Promoter: Early Learning Centre UK Limited, Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Herts, WD24 6SH. Registered in England No 102194.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is an alternative method of payment to simply purchasing with a credit or debit card. You register your credit card or bank account details with PayPal, your details are held with them and you shop with us as normal.
How do I shop with Early Learning Centre using PayPal?
- Find and select the items you would like to purchase and add them to your basket.
- Proceed through the checkout and select ‘Pay with PayPal’ on the 'billing & payment' section.
- Log in to your PayPal account, confirm the details and select ‘Pay Now’.
- You will then be redirected back to the Early Learning Centre website for your order confirmation.
Do I need to have a credit or debit card to pay with PayPal?
You can pay with money held in your PayPal account balance or use another payment method such as a credit card, debit card or your bank account.
What if I have paid via PayPal and want to return an item for a refund to Early Learning Centre?
Please contact us on 0371 231 3513 or simply follow the returns procedure explained on the 'returns and exchanges' page and we'll process the refund into your PayPal account. Your refund must be processed through Early Learning Centre rather than PayPal directly.
What if I have paid via PayPal and want to return an item to a Early Learning Centre store?
Take the items you want to have refunded or replaced along with proof of purchase (you can show your order confirmation or dispatch email) to the store. You will need to provide the store with a credit or debit card with the same name as shown on your proof of purchase and a Photo ID such as your passport.
My order has been cancelled but the transaction is still showing as 'Pending' on my PayPal Account
Use the ‘Contact Us’ link to email us, please provide the following information:
- Your PayPal email address, this maybe different to the one you have registered with us on your Early Learning Centre account.
- The date that you attempted to purchase with us.
- The amount of the pending transaction in your PayPal account, please list each individual attempt separately, e.g. £14.99 x 2
- The individual transaction reference ID in your PayPal account
Providing we do not have a Early Learning Centre order ‘in progress’ relating to this transaction, we will arrange to release any funds being ‘reserved’ back to you.
I paid for my Early Learning Centre order via PayPal but there is a problem with my order, who should I contact?
Please use the 'Contact Us' link on our website and one of our dedicated customer service advisors will contact you to resolve your query.
online dispute resolution
The European Commission has launched a new online platform to enable consumers to resolve online disputes more cost effectively and with greater ease.
Please click here to access the ODR platform for further information, including how to raise a dispute.