Early Learning Centre Customer Care Team
Refunds and Exchanges: Please note that in addition to your general right to cancel set out below, we operate a Returns and Exchanges Policy. You should read this policy as it gives you extra benefits. Proof of purchase required (you can show this email). We will not refund or exchange any goods which cannot by their nature be disassembled once they have been partially assembled (such as flat pack furniture).
About us: Early Learning Centre Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 00102194and our registered office is at Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 6SH and our VAT number is 440 6445 66. If you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact us on 0371 231 3513 (International +44 (0)1923 241000), using our online contact us form or by writing to us at Customer Care, Early Learning Centre, c/o Mothercare UK Limited, Cherry Tree Road, Watford, Herts United Kingdom, WD24 6SH.
Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013: This legislation gives you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You have the right to cancel any order that you make with us online or over the phone within 14 days without any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire or, if the order is a gift to be delivered to a third party, the day on which the third party specified by you in the order acquires, physical possession of the goods that you have ordered, unless your goods are delivered by us in instalments in which case this 14 day period will run from the date upon which you (or your nominee) receives the last part of the delivery (the ‘Cancellation Deadline’). [However, this right of cancellation will not apply to any goods that are personalised for you or made to your specifications, or to products which are sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them];
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your order by sending a clear statement either by e-mail; or in writing to Customer Care Centre, Early Learning Centre, c/o Mothercare UK Limited, Cherry Tree Road, Watford, WD24 6SH;
- To meet the Cancellation Deadline, you must send us your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the Cancellation Deadline has expired;
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them until they are returned;
- You must send the goods back to us at Early Learning Centre, c/o Mothercare Direct, Prolog Phase 5, Sherwood Park, Annesley Nottingham, NG15 0DJ without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you notify us of the cancellation of your order. You are responsible for the costs of returning the goods.
Effect of Cancellation
If you cancel an order, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you in respect of that order including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied; or
- (if earlier), 14 days after the day you provide evidence to us that you have returned the goods; or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel the order.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss of value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (i.e. in excess of what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods).
Compliance with contract and legal rights: We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. You have a number of rights and remedies under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 including, in certain circumstances, the right to cancel your contract with us where the goods we supply are defective or not as described, in which case we will pay for the cost of the return. You can obtain further information about your consumer rights from the Citizens Advice Bureau or your local Trading Standards.
Warranties: The products which are sold via this web site have been designed to comply with the statutory legal requirements and relevant safety standards of the United Kingdom. We can therefore make no representation or warranty that any product is compliant with health, safety or other legal requirements which apply outside the United Kingdom, unless delivery is within the EEA and common EEA Consumer Protection and Safety rules apply. Please see our Returns Policy for more information.