Early Learning Centre and Save the Children are committed to giving children the best chances in life. For this reason, we launched Born to Care, our global charity partnership. Together we aim to raise £1.75 million.
Every child is born to shine, but too many don't get the chance. Early Learning Centre and Mothercare are raising funds to ensure that the poorest children here in the UK, and around the world, get the chance to grow up and fulfil their potential.
During the first year, our partnership with Save the Children has gone from strength to strength. Mothercare Group employees and customers have been incredible, together we have raised over £850,000 through fundraising activities in our shops as well as our Head Office in Watford and sourcing offices around the globe. We hope you will join in the fun! If you would like to make a donation to Save the Children and help children around the world.
No matter the size of your donation the money raised can really make a huge difference:
- £1 can test a child for typhoid in India.
- £3 can buy a mosquito net to help protect a child against malaria.
- £10 can provide 27 children with medicine to treat life-threatening diarrhoea.
- £80 can give four new mothers a 'mama kit' containing a baby blanket, clothes, nappies and soap.
- £20 can provide a child with their first school uniform.
- £25 can fund a family hamper with essential materials to support children's home learning and development, such as books, art kits and toys.
- £250 can pay for a child in the UK to attend our Families and Schools Together programme, helping them get a better start in life-both at home and at school.