Successful Infant Feeding Book
product code: 132861
see more in this range by ELC
- Standard UK home delivery within 5 working days - £2.95
- Click and collect in any store - FREE
Feeding a baby is a parent's earliest and most important task. Done correctly, it helps a baby grow and thrive physically and emotionally. It also is essential to the wellbeing of the parents because if a baby doesn't thrive or if the process is unsatisfying, parents will be left anxious and distressed.
While breastfeeding is the natural way to feed an infant, ignorance of the mechanisms, societal pressures and lack of help often force mothers into bottlefeeding and the nurturing experience can become less happy and unfulfilling. There is, therefore, a need for information that ensures infants are fed successfully via breast or bottle and in ways that enhance their relationships with their mothers (and fathers).
The book covers the technical side of feeding and how to manage it even in special and more difficult situations, such as with twins and multiples, pre-term babies and while travelling or working. As well as being advised on any safety and preparation issues, parents will be guided on responding to their baby's needs by learning to "read" infant behaviour and adjusting feeds accordingly.
The author - Heather Welford, MSc - is a writer, journalist and editor, specialising in health topics, especially ones related to parenthood. She is the author of several books on infant and child care. In addition, she works for the NCT, as a volunteer breastfeeding counsellor and as a tutor training other mothers and healthcare professionals in breastfeeding support.
This books covers a comprehensive list of baby feeding information including:
• The latest information on breast and infant milks
• Help for parents in making the best decision about how to feed their baby
• Advice on managing feeding so that it is nurturing and emotionally satisfying whether from the breast or bottle
• Ways of overcoming difficulties plus feeding away from the home and in special situations
• Information on reintroducing breastfeeding after formula feeding
• Insights into the experiences and emotions to do with feeding, including a father's essential role, how to respond to being pressurised or undermined in one's feeding choice and how to cope with feelings about using formula
• Answers to a wide range of parental concerns in its Q and A section.
delivery & returns
This product is available for:
Normally delivered within 4 working days (exclusions apply including postcode restrictions and extended timescales)
Delivery within 2 working days to UK mainland addresses. Regrettably this service is unavailable for deliveries to Northern Ireland.
Click and Collect Delivery
Collect from your local store. This service is available in the UK only.
ELC are happy to refund or exchange any unused merchandise returned within 28 days of purchase upon production of your receipt, as long as they are returned in an unused condition and in their original packaging. Please see Terms and Conditions for details. This does not affect your rights if the product is faulty or mis-described.