Respecting your privacy
- Can I feel secure using this site?
- Are my personal details kept private?
- Why does ELC need so much information from me when I order?
- What about entering competitions?
- Why would I want to sign up, or set up an account at elc.co.uk?
- I've heard how unsafe the Internet can be – how does elc.co.uk protect my details?
- If I pay by credit card, does ELC keep hold of the details?
- I'm still unhappy about paying online. Can I still order?
- Will elc.co.uk disclose my information to outside parties?
- What have I agreed to, by using this site?
- What about ‘cookies' – how do they affect me?
- I've still got questions. Who can I contact?
From time to time we do ask if you want to be kept you up to date with exciting offers and events at elc.co.uk and in our stores. We do not send you anything unless you have given us permission to do so.
If you have signed up to receive marketing communications from us, and want to change your mind, you can at any time.
If you receive emails from us, simply click the ‘unsubscribe' link at the end of any email you receive from us. If you receive postal mailings simply email your name, address and postcode to email@example.com and we will remove you from our mailing list.
Signing up with us and setting up an account means that we store your delivery address details and those of anyone else to whom you might want to send an Early Learning Centre toy. When you've signed up, you don't have to retype all these details every time you order.
We can also let you know about specific offers you might find interesting.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. These functions include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and emails, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services.
These companies and individuals will have access to the personal information they need to perform these functions, but they may not use it for any other purposes and are required to process the data in accordance with the UK 's Data Protection legislation.
We will only provide your contact details to third parties for marketing purposes if you have given us permission to do so. This means you specifically ticked the box in the “Your contact preferences” section of the site when you signed up with us and created your account.
This site uses both ‘session cookies', which disappear as soon as you close your browser, and ‘permanent cookies', which are kept on your computer. Neither of these types of cookie stores or gathers any personal information about you.
To shop at elc.co.uk you need to have cookies enabled on your browser. The most common browser used today is Internet Explorer. To turn cookies on in Internet Explorer, please perform the following actions:
Select the 'Tools' option in the browser window
Select the 'Internet Options' menu
Select the Privacy tab, and set the level to 'medium-high'
This will ensure that cookies are enabled and the site will remember your details, without exposing you to unwanted 3rd party cookies.